hello, from wigan.

Come in and introduce yourself
mulhearnf

hello, from wigan.

Post by mulhearnf » Sat May 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi, new to the whole CNC thing, just been given 10 mins training, and access to a new toy, the EGX-350.

Hope to read a lot of your stuff, and ideas, from the forum, about what I can do now. <grin>

Franc.

oh, first of many questions, can the 350 engrave pictures onto vinyl records, or can it cut away "non picture parts" of old vinyl records, to make cut out pictures, so to speak.

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: hello, from wigan.

Post by mrtn » Sat May 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Yes. EGX-350 is very precise. You'll need specific software for creating tool paths for your particular application if EngraveStudio won't cut it.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

mulhearnf

Post by mulhearnf » Sun May 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Ah, thanks for that, another question if I may?

What software works well with engravestudio?
I have the trial version of vcarve (but that cant export to the works engravestudio).
Would blender, or inkscape, or even (shudder) Gimp, create toolpaths that work with engravestudio?

Or have I got the wrong end of the tool path creation stick? and can only use blender etc, for the design before using ES to do the toolpath bit?

franc.

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sun May 06, 2018 3:38 pm

The toolpath creation requires some kind of CAM software, such as VCarve (or Engravestudio) or similar. There are also plugins and other solutions for that but I would ask Patrick to chime in, he’s the resident milling expert here.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram