CX 24 Roland Cutter Power Failed....

Come in and introduce yourself
emmaallen4

Re: CX 24 Roland Cutter Power Failed....

Post by emmaallen4 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi
I have the same fault on the plotter cutter at school so any help to repair it would be great.
Going to look at it next week so if anyone has any photo's of what i'm going to need to replace along with part numbers, the info would be greatly appreciated.
Hopefully i can get it sorted as a new one is not very likely and we have projects for the kids that we want to use it for.

Many thanks

DirtyDeano

Post by DirtyDeano » Sun May 19, 2019 10:54 am

Just to update and hopefully help someone else.
The 5vdc was still working as described by Etchworx above.
I simply purchased a 36v dc supply ~£12.50 and fitted it next to the faulty supply. Used that to supply the 36v power to the mainboard. You will need to split the 240v power leads to feed both of the transformers and cut the Orange (36v+) and the adjacent black (-ve) cables from the plug at the old faulty board and wire them into the new 36v PSU. Also don't forget to earth the new PSU. One other thing I did was to fit a fuse on the 240v cable before the split for the 2 PSU's. There doesn't appear to be a fuse on the machine other than in the IEC 'Kettle lead' plug.
The link below is the item I bought. it's rated to 1.45A where as the old board was 1A.
https://cpc.farnell.com/tt-electronics/ ... NAQAvD_BwE

RobinAA

Post by RobinAA » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:30 pm

I had the same fault on a school's cutter. I had repaired it previously but the resistors had burnt again, and the PCB was not in good condition. I replaced the power board with the 36 volt power supply as suggested by DirtyDeano and also added a small 5 volt one as well. I now have both 5 volts and 36 volts at the main PCB and n various check points on the main PCB. LCD and fan OK but still says "Motor Voltage" Any suggestions of how the voltage is monitored on the main board? Error hasn't cleared and therefore suspect the main board also.

RobinAA

Post by RobinAA » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:23 pm

P.S. a circuit diagram would be most helpful if anyone has one. I have the spec sheets of the stepper motor control ICs.