GX print driver for mac

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
Teri LP

GX print driver for mac

Post by Teri LP » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:44 am

I had been using the GX 24 successfully for several years until I upgraded to Yosemite and CC2014. Cut Studio was not compatible with the new operating system so I am trying to use another computer with an older OS. I have successfully installed Cut Studio but when I try to send files to the cutter the GX 24 is not recognized. I am running Illustrator CS5 and have installed all of the GX24 printer files on this computer. When I try to add the GX24 to the list of printers in System Preferences, it's greyed out. This made me think there was probably a newer driver available- but I'm not finding anything for Mac. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kai Perry

Re: GX print driver for mac

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:22 am

Did you copy the files in the application folder ?

What happens when you click on the plug-in in Illustrator ?
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

RichM293

Post by RichM293 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:12 am

Hey Kai....

I was able to get the Roland CutStudio plug-in working in illustrator.

However, I can not send the design to the GX-24. I don't know what I am missing, or why the design can not be sent to my GX-24. I am not even sure if the Mac recognizes the GX-24. Please help. THANKS!!!!!

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:18 am

Is the machine plugged in directly to the Mac, ensure you are not using a hub or extension to the cable.

If you are then it could be a permissions problem, normally the machine will be identified and then the plugin will send directly to the GX.

Have a look at this helpsheet.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk