Colour drop out/fading with solid colours

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
ofpoets

Colour drop out/fading with solid colours

Post by ofpoets » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi All.
I currently have a problem thats causing me a bit of grief. When printing (most notably solid colours really) it will print fine for about 3 inches then the colour will fade slightly for about an inch then the colour will come back again for 3 inches and so on. Naturally this produces an unattractive effect

Head speed is on slow and on double pass, test print is more than tolerable with just a couple of dropouts, temperatures 40 and 40 for both bed and plate temperatures. Media is rolled out before going through the machine to avoid 'tugging'.

Machine has had new caps, dampers, head cables, wipers, sponges etc a couple of months ago and hasn't had a great deal of use since

Any ideas please ?

Cheers in advance for any help you can give

(Roland SC545EX pro2 using Versaworks with EPS files)

Lee

Ryan Anderson

Re: Colour drop out/fading with solid colours

Post by Ryan Anderson » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Sounds like a damper fault if the machine is fading out and recovering although you have already replaced them.
Ryan Anderson
RolandCare Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
My LinkedIn Profile

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Which ink and dampers? They may be incompatible.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

ofpoets

Post by ofpoets » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi. Sorry for the late reply all. I thought I'd get a notification email when there was a reply but it seems not.

I'm using a third party ink called Jetbest from Colourmill. Dampers came from Digiprint supplies so assume these would be genuine ?

Still getting the problem but generally more so in transparencies.

Is there a way of checking which damper/s it might be ? I've done CMYK Lm Lc solid colours as small squares and the fading seems to disappear

Once again apologies for the delay in replying and many thanks for your help so far - really appreciated (I'll keep a manual eye out for replies now !)

Cheers
Lee