CMYK lines randomly occuring

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
reidetter

CMYK lines randomly occuring

Post by reidetter » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 pm

Just wondering if this problem is well known easy to fix or unknown WTF is going on.
When printing my files from VERSAWORKS to XF-640, I get these CMYK lines appearing in random locations. Sometimes in the blank white areas, and sometimes on the colored print. I'll get cyan and black or all four or just cyan black and magenta. Super weird
I work in a sign shop and the appearance of these lines is very subtle but not a desired effect on regulated safety and oilfield signs.
Curious if anyone else has had this problem or know of how to correct it?
Reid
IMG_1733.JPG

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: CMYK lines randomly occuring

Post by mrtn » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:45 am

Electrical noise. Talk to your Roland service engineer, he knows how to prevent it.

On your own behalf you can check that you have a good Ethernet cable that doesn't run along power cables, good switch and connections.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

reidetter

Post by reidetter » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Thank you mrtn. could this also cause plotters and printers to periodically disconnect from my computer? Until I restart the machines both VersaWorks and Flexi 11 will not recognize the machines. Sometimes it happens after every time I set up a new job sometimes is will only happen 1 or 2 times a day. thanks for the info

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Does disconnection appear on more machines than the XF you mentioned? Then it's very likely a problem in the network cabling/switch/router. The classic case is the network device in the sight of sunshine at a specific moment during the day. Sometimes under a stack of papers preventing the required venting. Your description is also consistent with network configuration errors with a mismatching router configuration in a router, printers and computers.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

reidetter

Post by reidetter » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:35 pm

The funny thing is that my GX is directly plugged into my desktop via usb cable. I have lost the connection with my XF-640 printer twice this week but it and the other printer are connected on the network (never really had a problem before) The GX plotter however loses connection regularly. between each job sometimes.. I have tried things but am leaning toward a new desktop as the one I have is old.. and not just by technology terms, it's acually old. But if this is in now way caused by lack of RAM or just old windows software I'd rather not dish our 2G's for a new one.. Any info or feed back is greatly appreciated.
thanks

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:55 pm

It may also be a funky motherboard in the PC. Another PC would really be a good start to check. If you have a spare USB cable, try this. Stepping on the cable once with a stiletto is enough to FUBAR it.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram