pnc 1100

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
veloman99

pnc 1100

Post by veloman99 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:44 pm

:) Hello folks,
I've had my pnc 1100 for over 12 months and has been working fine, and then today it has decided to "throw a wobbler" - just when i needed it the most! it just refuses to "go to work" and comes up with the message; "OPERATING ERROR CAN'T FIND LIMIT" ........how very inconsiderate! Any help would be very much appreciated. I know it's an "oldie" but it's such a superb peice of kit to use, and cuts as good as any modern machine.

Kai Perry

Re: pnc 1100

Post by Kai Perry » Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 am

It's likely a cable issue, I take it the head just hits the left hand side of the carriage?
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

veloman99

Re: pnc 1100

Post by veloman99 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:58 am

Hello Kai,
Thank you very much for your reply,your right, the carriage hits the left, and wants to continue going,the motor carries on running when it hits the side. On closer inspection the ribbon cable that connects to the carriage board has at some time been subjected to some "surgery" and looks in a poor state. I will later today "snip" 10 mm off the end of the "ribbon" and gently "bare" the ends in order to make a clean connection ??? Thanks again Kai, i'll let you know how i go on.
Very best regards Bill.