Friday Morning Quick Tip - Stand and deliver....

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to promotional and corporate gift production
Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Friday Morning Quick Tip - Stand and deliver....

Post by Adam Wyles » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Stand and Deliver.......
Good morning everyone and welcome to your earlier than usual ‘Friday Morning Quick Tip’
Every week I will try and bring you something which I have found valuable over the years and hopefully it will do the same for you.

Creativity rules the world? Imagination rules the world? Does either of them rule? They are all important and play a huge part in business, but by far the most important part of business when speaking to customers both in and out of the industry at every level is having their service or product delivered on time, everytime.
This should be easy, but with all the other strains and requests from all areas of our businesses this is sometimes the area where issues can occur and deadlines slip.
You know what....it happens to every company from time to time and having a Plan B in place is a must. In this case, build in an extra day or two on when you expect to get the job done, even if you know you can get it done on time. Contact your customer as soon as the job is ready and they will be over the moon that you have had time to complete their job early. If you have not had time to meet the deadline, you have saved yourself the pain of not being able to supply on time and letting the customer down. Deliver early and they will remember this, be back to re-order or possibly recommend you to another company.
Common sense........yes, but very easily forgot about in the daily rush. Make your week 2 days longer, make your customers happy and deliver everytime, ontime.

Enjoy your weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on the Forum.
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch
"Everything is changing - so be part of it"

Visit us at http://www.themagictouch.co.uk
Follow me on Twitter @AdamWyles1

Dennis Poole
Administrator

Re: Friday Morning Quick Tip - Stand and deliver....

Post by Dennis Poole » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Adding onto this...

Early on in my career I met a new client who laid down some ground rules on how our business relationship would work. His words have stuck with me ever since and I apply them daily. He told me:

“Dennis if you tell me you are going to get back to me on Monday then I expect a call on Monday. I do not care if you don’t have an answer, you pick up the phone and tell me you don’t have an answer and tell me when you will call me back with an answer. Do what you say you are going to do and we will get on just fine, don’t and we will have problems”.

All too often when things go wrong or a job is running late we put off phoning our client in fear that they are going to get angry. However if you keep in contact with your client and let them know the progress of the job, or call them when you said you would call them, you will find they accept delays a lot more than if you just deliver late.
Dennis Poole
Managing Director
RDR Global Limited

sawdust
Gold Member

Re: Friday Morning Quick Tip - Stand and deliver....

Post by sawdust » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:41 pm

That's sound advise Dennis I will use that. Once again Adam words of wisdom ;) Now if I can get this giant goose who has just laid a golden egg of my printer I may just get these shirts for the kickboxing club done "bugger I can here a giant coming to grind my bones where is the phone to call my customer" :D
DTG and Versacamm SP540i user