Garment Media Plotting

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to promotional and corporate gift production
Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Re: Garment Media Plotting

Post by Adam Wyles » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Shaun, I have just been doing some design work for our Creative Centre. One of the designs I nearly changed due to all the weeding......however, you have inspried me to give it a go. I will let you see the outcome and post a picture.
It is a grunge effect font with loads and I mean loads of detail. It may not be commercially viable time wise - but will definently show what can be acheived with a litte hard work and pateince!
Wish me luck.
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch
"Everything is changing - so be part of it"

Visit us at http://www.themagictouch.co.uk
Follow me on Twitter @AdamWyles1

Shaun Senior

Post by Shaun Senior » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:17 am

Adam Wyles wrote:Shaun, I have just been doing some design work for our Creative Centre. One of the designs I nearly changed due to all the weeding......however, you have inspried me to give it a go. I will let you see the outcome and post a picture.
It is a grunge effect font with loads and I mean loads of detail. It may not be commercially viable time wise - but will definently show what can be acheived with a litte hard work and pateince!
Wish me luck.
Go for it! Just get the PS film from Grafityp it's easier to weed and work with... we do quite a bit of stuff companies would not do round our way, but the hoodie above whilst not easy to do did bring loads more work our way so I suppose did pay off in the end :). We don't advertise yet so all our work is word of mouth and so we don't have loads of jobs coming in all the time.
Shaun

Shaun@spectrumpromotions.co.uk

2 x Tajima Neo embroidery machines
Wilcom Decostudio e2
Coreldraw X5
Roland GX-24 cutter
Roland BN-20
Adkins heat press
Loads of mid night oil and elbow grease

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Shaun....and your not advertising yet! Who knows what will happen when you do. One subtle way you could start to market your business without having an overnight boom in business! (always a good thing to have, but slowly, slowly is the way to go)
On your BN20 print and cut some small stickers with all your contact details on and stick them on the items which you give to your customers. You deal with and supply one person 10 T-Shirts, they will probably give them to 9 others who do not have a clue who you are or where the shirts were purchased. Get right under their noses, read this post....works everytime.
Good luck and happy new business!
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch

Mal
Silver Member

Post by Mal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:40 pm

All my garment decoration work comes via word of mouth. Apart from a free line in the yellow pages and a well postioned website that is . I have 7 primary schools on the embroidery books and have recently started to put stickers onto the bags/boxes. You don' have to spend a lot on advertising, it just needs to be in the right place.

I have also started to produce static cling minitures of banners and give a strip worth (6 or 8) with each banner order. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks and have already seen an increase on orders for window decals.

It's been said before, but put your logo onto everything that goes out. Use what was once scrap material garment vinyl, banner, cling, van vinyl etc) as free advertising. It's going through your machine anyway and will not add any more time to the job and just pence in ink.

Mal
Mal Dewhurst
mal@dewhursts.com

Using a SP540i with Versaworks V4.6, CoralDRAW X3 and SignLab 9

Shaun Senior

Post by Shaun Senior » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:33 am

Mal wrote:All my garment decoration work comes via word of mouth. Apart from a free line in the yellow pages and a well postioned website that is . I have 7 primary schools on the embroidery books and have recently started to put stickers onto the bags/boxes. You don' have to spend a lot on advertising, it just needs to be in the right place.

I have also started to produce static cling minitures of banners and give a strip worth (6 or 8) with each banner order. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks and have already seen an increase on orders for window decals.

It's been said before, but put your logo onto everything that goes out. Use what was once scrap material garment vinyl, banner, cling, van vinyl etc) as free advertising. It's going through your machine anyway and will not add any more time to the job and just pence in ink.

Mal

Mal already made some stickers up for our bags as you say so easy with the printer, having the logo redone now with a bit of life adding to it now we can print. Just done some really basic stickers for a club member at our model flying club, they all want some now... crazy

Been doing samples last night and tonight of all the lost colour jobs we had previous to getting the BN-20 just to send out to the customers that asked about colour printing, gives us practice cheap to do and lets them know we can now print in full colour.
Shaun

Shaun@spectrumpromotions.co.uk

2 x Tajima Neo embroidery machines
Wilcom Decostudio e2
Coreldraw X5
Roland GX-24 cutter
Roland BN-20
Adkins heat press
Loads of mid night oil and elbow grease

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Shaun, it sounds like you have everything under control. Bear with the samples and use every oppourtunity to use waste media, it will pay off and as Mal says - you will get additional orders.

Looking at the list of hardware you have, you should check out tomorrows Friday Morning Quick Tip. You will probably have that under control as well - but better safe than very sorry!

Thank you for you support so far with the Forum and thank you in advance for all the ongoing support with the Forum. ;) Keep it up. (you too Mal)
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch

Mal
Silver Member

Post by Mal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:44 am

You know me Adam... I'm never far from a computer and keep an eye on the forum even if I don't sign in every time...

Will you be at P&P next year?

Mal
Mal Dewhurst
mal@dewhursts.com

Using a SP540i with Versaworks V4.6, CoralDRAW X3 and SignLab 9

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:44 am

Thank you Mal,

I will definantly be at P&P 2012, although it would be good to let me know what day you are going if you want to meet up. Stranger things have happened - but I might even buy you a coffee!
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch

Wolfie
Bronze Member

Post by Wolfie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Adam Wyles wrote:Thank you Mal,

I will definantly be at P&P 2012, although it would be good to let me know what day you are going if you want to meet up. Stranger things have happened - but I might even buy you a coffee!
Mal don't hold your breath for the coffee :lol:

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:33 am

Wolfie - and I thought it was the time of year to be nice to everyone. :D (to be fair though - unless it is expresso, my coffee making isnt that hot!)
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch