Sorting queues on VersaWorks?

idolux

Sorting queues on VersaWorks?

Post by idolux » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:54 am

Hi all,
it seems to me that sorting options nowadays supposed to be simple and basic stuff. But it seems that VersaWorks almost doesn't have sorting options for Jobs in queues.
Am I missing something?
Can't I sort for instance, sort according to the job NAME?
I have about 100 jobs which I use regularly in my queue, and sometimes it gets really frusterating when I need to find one, hand have to spend about 10 minutes to find it.

Also, and I think I already know the answer, but still, isn't there a way to add more queue lists instead of just A and B?
I think it would be a good idea to add a search box for the queue lists, and of course - sort by name.

Thank you for your time :)

Kai Perry

Re: Sorting queues on VersaWorks?

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 am

Hi,

Currently there is no way to sort the jobs in the queue, they are in order of the job added.

Instead of keeping jobs in the queue, it is advisable to save the job + source file from VersaWorks and then open the jobs when needed.

Running this way will also allow you to not have any downtime if the pc fails or if VersaWorks gets corrupted in anyway.

Other RIPs do offer multiple queues, although some only have a single queue, so VersaWorks is in the middle.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

idolux

Post by idolux » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 am

Thank you for your reply.
I must say that it's a bit dissapointing. It really seems like a basic option to offer your customers.
I really think you should consider adding these sorting options to your next update.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 pm

The sorting option is a good idea, no one has ever raised that there was a need for it in the past, we shall pass it on to Japan when we next send an idea list for VersaWorks.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

idolux

Post by idolux » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Much appreciated :)

_BANDIT_

Post by _BANDIT_ » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:55 am

Hi!

Still nothing new with sorting options? I'm using the latest version of VersaWorks....

Another question: Is it possible to change Job names in Queue? Even if I save the job with another name and re-open it, it will appear in the Queue with the old name, in fact with the name which was determined with the imported file name.

Best regards
B

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:38 am

There is no way to change the name of a job once you have loaded it as a temporary file is created for the job which cannot be changed.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

PrinkTechnology

Post by PrinkTechnology » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:51 pm

It's 2018. Has anything changed here? Any way to sort jobs with a search function or add extra Queues (like a queue C and D for example) for the sake of organization? I have hundreds of jobs that I regularly run and it's frustrating to have to scroll through them 1 by 1 to find the job I am looking for. Any update here from Japan?

I am running Versaworks. Would it help if I got Versaworks Dual?

Thanks!

PhillyDee
Silver Member

Post by PhillyDee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:37 am

Dual also only supports 2 queues. You can get different RIP software which has more advanced features.
Roland BN-20 (CMYKWh)
Roland Versa UV LEF-20 (CMYK Pr Wh)
HPC Laser - LS6840PRO 60W Laser cutter/engraver
HPC Laser - LS1290PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x3
HPC Laser - LS6090PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver
Trotec Speedy 300 120W with JC Vision Camera system and rotary axis.

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Dual does the ability to save Queue Settings but not add another queue.
As Kai said before, saving jobs is probably the best alternative...this way you can keep your Queue nice and tidy with only the current workign jobs and then import jobs from a folder (which you can search within for speed and ease) with all settings etc coming in with the imported file.
This way you don't have to worry about jobs being deleted, or any other issues as you'll always have a back up.

You can either save as a basic RVW/D file, or with source depending on where you keep your design files etc and if you always have copies of original input files.

Here's an old video that I did on saving jobs from VersaWorks
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd