Roland lef 200

Show off your creations
Roland1976

Roland lef 200

Post by Roland1976 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi I’ve just purchased a roland lef 200 I can print over white canvases etc however printing on a black background I’m totally stuck I believe you have to use a spot Color behind it any guidance would be appreciated

PhillyDee
Silver Member

Re: Roland lef 200

Post by PhillyDee » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:30 am

Read the white and special colour guide you got with the printer. Did your dealer not supply training? There are also some tutorials on the main roland DG youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWOaAS ... EvuHXfRZfQ

Short answer is, yes you need to use Spot Colours, Coreldraw and illustrator have a Roland Versaworks Pallette in the program that has the required colour RDG_White for white.
EX-Roland BN-20 (CMYKWh) (Head Death)
Roland Versa UV LEF-20 (CMYK Pr Wh)
HPC Laser - LS1290PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x4
HPC Laser - LS6090PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x2
Trotec Speedy 300 120W with JC Vision Camera system and rotary axis.

Roland1976

Post by Roland1976 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Thank you I have read the instructions obviously I’m just not getting it . I copied the image rasterised it to grey scale then applied the shite spot Color behind it saved the job as eps . Roland versa shows the special colour on the info display . However when printed it it’s hardly visible . I purchased the printer second hand so I have had no training self taught. Watched videos. Shaken the white before printing etc I clearly missing something.

PhillyDee
Silver Member

Post by PhillyDee » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:53 pm

The white needs to be shaken every day, regardless of if you are printing with it or not. The white ink is heavy compared to the carrier fluid, so it settles in the lines and the dampers. Best thing to check is to do a block of white, perhaps an inch square, and it should be pretty damn white and pretty solid. If it was spent more than a few days without the regular shaking, then you will need to do a recirc-discharge to empty the dampers of white ink. Usually 2 of these is enough to bring it back.

I assume the nozzle condition is good on all nozzles etc? I always print onto acetate, that way you can see all 6 ink colours in one go.

Roland1976

Post by Roland1976 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:11 pm

Thank you I was think possibly a printer issue , the printer is one year old . I have put brand new cartridge in all ink banks and a lot of white ink has been used . I ve done a few power cleans to get it working so I don’t know if the ink has been used that way .
So I from what I have described I’m doing the process correctly for spot Color ? It might be nozzles or lines . Where are the nozzles located and how do you clean them .
I appreciate your help and guidance I need to to get it working as it was a big investment.
Many thanks Roland

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:29 am

Get yourself booked on one of our courses if possible, will save a lot of time with trial and error!
https://www.rolanddg.co.uk/support/rola ... ng-courses
There's an LEF one this week on Friday...
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

MrPink92

Post by MrPink92 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

PhillyDee
Silver Member

Post by PhillyDee » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Roland1976 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:11 pm
Thank you I was think possibly a printer issue , the printer is one year old . I have put brand new cartridge in all ink banks and a lot of white ink has been used . I ve done a few power cleans to get it working so I don’t know if the ink has been used that way .
So I from what I have described I’m doing the process correctly for spot Color ? It might be nozzles or lines . Where are the nozzles located and how do you clean them .
I appreciate your help and guidance I need to to get it working as it was a big investment.
Many thanks Roland
I think you need to read about manual cleans also, the printer must be cleaned cirrectly at least once per week, this is important, as the print heads are delicate so the heads etc must be carefully cleaned according to the instructions.