Sink wrap

Show off your creations
Gillian Montanaro

Sink wrap

Post by Gillian Montanaro » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 am

Had an internal training session - and after much sweat and persistence we succeeded in wrapping a sink!
Attachments
SinkWrap_1.png
Gillian Montanaro
Head of Marketing
Roland DG UK Ltd
www.rolanddg.co.uk

Morgan The Sign

Re: Sink wrap

Post by Morgan The Sign » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Very impressive, that can't have been easy.

What vinyl is it?

Marc Busby

Post by Marc Busby » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi Morgan,

The material used is 3M Di-Noc with a light wood grain finish. The material comes in all sorts of finishes, from various wood effects, stone effects, and some special effects too.

This picture was taken during a run through of our new Advanced Applications course, and we chose to wrap sinks because they are extremely difficult to do. Having said that, after having a practice attempt, Brett and Pete (featured in the picture) managed to wrap the sink in 46minutes. If you consider the type of client who would pay for something like this, most likely high end hair salons, high end hotel chains, etc, then you should be able to charge a reasonable amount for the labour involved.

Kind regards,
Marc Busby
Service Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Marc Jenkin

Post by Marc Jenkin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:37 pm

I know this product was tested by a hair salon by Marc Busby and myself using some of the most corrosive products salons use, however we tested it neat without diluting. The product remained uncompromised and showed absolutely no damage effect, in a normal working environment the strongest of these products would have been diluted 1/10. I wanted to give honest advise it is a special product however my employer does not sell this particular speciality film, I am personally a fan!

Best of luck