Buying Advice

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
N.E.stickers

Buying Advice

Post by N.E.stickers » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 pm

I bought a VP300 second hand to test a business idea - and things have taken off - but the printer has become increasingly unreliable. Over a period of time, I have found that I generally only print smaller items as part of the business and because I work from home, I might be looking into getting a BN20.

I have a visual impairment and have found that working on / changing head etc on the VP300 has been a nightmare but when I rang Roland they advised that, it wasn't covered under warranty and there was going to be a large cost implication to getting an engineer out.

So much so that I think that I will just get rid of the printer and start afresh with a new one.

I am thinking of getting a BN20 but I want to make sure I buy it new, and that it is fully covered under warranty, with the ability to extend the warranty and to build up a relationship with a Roland Engineer who can regularly service the printer.

I am so confused though - although there are a number of sellers out there, I don't understand, can you just buy a printer directly from Roland?

Also, I am not fully convinced that my VP300 is broken - what's the best way to get rid of it but also to make a little money from it?

Kai Perry

Re: Buying Advice

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:58 pm

First off what is atually wrong with the machine?

You cannot buy directly from Roland, you would need to purchase through our dealer network, once purchased this way you would then get the warranty and the ability to extend.

Ebay is the usual way, but some dealers may offer some value through a trade-in deal.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

N.E.stickers

Post by N.E.stickers » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi Kai - thanks for your reply - you're actually helping me on another post to get the cyan to stop smearing (which is the current, but not the only problem I am having with it).

1) It has repeated ink deflections on all of the nozzles and am having to take them out and flush them on a regular basis, which I think is down to bad quality ink - as a beginner to this I used the ink that came with the machine when I bought it second hand, so it's not Roland original ink.

I'm doing my best to get to grips with it but as much as I try, I just don't seem to have adequate knowledge to keep it running smoothly. As a visually impaired person, removing the screws to take the head out etc is a total nightmare.

2) It has no service plan or warranty with it. When I spoke to Roland, the said it needed to have original inks and would cost well in excess of £1500 by the time I paid for a service plan and got an engineer out and even then, it's not guaranteed to be fixed. I have no contact information for any other engineer who can help me with it.

3) Now it has started smearing the cyan.

4) The magenta cartridge isn't printing at all since I flushed it.

6) the yellow cartridge came up with an error "wrong head installed", then the error disappeared but the head won't print.

I have no idea where to start to fix it.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Start of with flushing the lines, then replace the captops and fill with genuine ink.

This should then hopefully give you a base line to work from.

The wrong head installed error points to the print carriage board, which may be the cause of the cyan band that is printing also.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk