Roland Lef 200 pink tint problems

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
nick6126

Roland Lef 200 pink tint problems

Post by nick6126 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:52 am

Hello, so I recently started having problems with my prints, they end up being pink tinted which is super weird. I don't know how it started, but it sometimes ends up doing. I eventually get to fix that problem by doing a medium clean, but I can't do it everytime that happens, that's just a permanent solution. There's nothing wrong with my color profile though, I haven't changed a thing since we got the printer, so that's not the issue. Does somebody have an idea of what could cause this problem? The pink tint problem does not occur on the white areas though, only on the colored ones (where the rest of the CYK spectrum is supposed to be).

Thanks! :)

PhillyDee
Silver Member

Re: Roland Lef 200 pink tint problems

Post by PhillyDee » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 am

Whats the nozzle test pattern like> Do you manually clean your machine regularly?
Roland BN-20 (CMYKWh)
Roland Versa UV LEF-20 (CMYK Pr Wh)
HPC Laser - LS1290PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x4
HPC Laser - LS6090PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x2
Trotec Speedy 300 120W with JC Vision Camera system and rotary axis.
30W Galvo Fiber Laser Engraver

nick6126

Post by nick6126 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:47 am

PhillyDee wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 am
Whats the nozzle test pattern like> Do you manually clean your machine regularly?
Yes, I clean my machine regularly manually.

Nozzle Test is fine, just performed it and no single line was fuzzy or is missing.

Can the captop create this kind of issues? I changed mine in February this year.

Attachments
IMG_20190813_124334.jpg

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:12 am

It could be the captop, although no contamination from the magenta is showing, other than the slight patch of pink in the gloss/white channel area, although this could just be something in the photo.

Put some cleaning fluid into the captops to ensure that the ink to the waste bottle is flowing correctly, a build up of ink here could lead to a flooded captop and then cause contaimation of another colour.

The other route to look at would be misting, have you replaced the filter fans recently and are they turned to high?

Do you notice any tint to any areas other than the print, such as the linear rail or around the lamps?
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk