SOLVED! Bn-20 | Printhead healthy?

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
alwaysinuse

SOLVED! Bn-20 | Printhead healthy?

Post by alwaysinuse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 am

Hi,
in advance, I apologize for my English.

I could have a problem with my BN-20 from 2014 which was disconnected without my knowledge for weeks in the worst case. Monday I saw the plug out of the wall.

Quickly connected the Printer and immediately extensively cleaned manually and then let the Printer itself by software cleaning 2 times ..

The result of the nozzle check and VersaWorks test Prints:
Image Image Image
My Question is what do they say? Has damage been done on the Head?

I have maintained the bn-20 more than I used lately because I moved and the Printer was temporarily stored. I don't know about the technology and in the last time have only a few jobs for the printer. I am now very worried that if there has not already been a damage, maybe one could occur soon.

What can I do, the Printer has been only serviced by me and has never seen a technician.
Now I want to perform a major maintenance myself and replace the cleaning station / cap and all wipers and insert new cartridges to prevent damages.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do and if it may already be too late. Currently I do not dare to do anything and hope for tips on how to proceed. I noob see at the nozzle test only the small lines and have no idea what it says. When test printing VersaWorks no difference to earlier ... I would be so glad about help and tips!

Thank you.
Last edited by alwaysinuse on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 13 times in total.

alwaysinuse

Re: Bn-20 and his owner needs help. Printhead healthy?

Post by alwaysinuse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 am

I tried to get a better Picture of the Nozzle Check:
Greets

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Don't worry, it's all good. You have one stuck nozzle in Yellow but this will probably open if when you start using the machine. Put a few drops of cleaning fluid on the captop before turning the machine off next time.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

alwaysinuse

Post by alwaysinuse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Thank you very much for helping me to get rid of the worry that the printer was damaged. I am very happy about that, I think he stood weeks without power.

I have decided that he now gets a new cleaning station and wipers .. My second idea was if I'll get a technician for the first time and replacing all Dampers too..

My question is if a technician would do that? I have read that it is not intended by Roland to change the damper except when exchanging the printhead. If it not make sense then I would just change everything I can do myself.

Many thanks and best regards from me and the little BN-20.

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Correct. Dampers only need replacing together with the printhead OR there’s a blockage in the damper filter causing missing nozzles when printing. Or a leak. No other situation.

Do not attempt to replace them yourself, too dangerous. I have been doing this for two decades and I’m still really careful and cautious doing it.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

alwaysinuse

Post by alwaysinuse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Thank you mrtn for all your help here! I would not come to the idea to do that myself, now I know that it makes no sense at this point. Thanks again!

alwaysinuse

Post by alwaysinuse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:01 am

One last question before I mark the topic as solved .. I have seen that the inserted MT cartridge will soon be empty. Can I exchange the MT cartridge for a cleaning cartridge, or should I prefer to use the remaining MT. I have not used MT for so long that it has become very uneconomical to flush through. If I do not use MT can I leave the cleaning cartridge on it and still work CMYK? I did not want to open a new topic for this question.

Thanks again!

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 am

Yes, this would be the correct choice of action.

Get a cartridge of ESL4-CL, nothing else:

Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

alwaysinuse

Post by alwaysinuse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:42 am

thx mrtn!

alwaysinuse

Re: Bn-20 | Printhead healthy?

Post by alwaysinuse » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello mrtn, Hello Board,
Today I put the BN 20 back into operation. Today I also used the CL cartridge next to the cleaning station and wipers.

Then cleaned manually and now made a nozzle test and found in the middle deflected nozzles? I am very sad about it ..
I have just called the head once again to the maintenance station and looked under it and seen under the nozzles or better the surface somehow dried moisture I do not know if I could have touched the edge with the sponge accidentally, can I do anythin? How bad is it?
Last edited by alwaysinuse on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.