BN-20 Nozzle problem

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
ajolayo

BN-20 Nozzle problem

Post by ajolayo » Fri May 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi all,
I am new to the group. I have a Bn-20 that I bought about 2 years ago. moderate use. over the last few weeks - poor quality prints. I have done nozzle checks and lots of skips. I have replaced the felt and plastic wipers. I have also changed the captop and done lots of normal and powerful cleans. I have also printed solid bars to see if it forces ink through but no luck. I am now at a loss what to di. I am really unhappy. Does anyone have any other ideas or is my print head shot?? :cry: :cry: :cry: I have attached my nozzle check
nozzlecheck.png

Kai Perry

Re: BN-20 Nozzle problem

Post by Kai Perry » Fri May 04, 2018 3:29 pm

It still looks like there is a lot of dried ink on the head, have you tried to clean the head with swabs and cleaning fluid ? Also which ink type and cleaning fluid are you using ?

Also check that the machine is capping correctly, you could try soaking the head in cleaning fluid to get the nozzles back.

If this doesn't yield a change then it is more likely that a head replacement is needed.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

BurtsBoyz

Post by BurtsBoyz » Sat May 05, 2018 11:54 am

I just had similar problem gave it a good manual clean and a swabbing then did 4 powerful cleans test print after each and it's resolved the problem. I've been bad with matanance in the past so from now on shake inks daily clean daily and always make sure I've got one of everything in my parts box just incase

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sat May 05, 2018 12:56 pm

You also need to replace the captop with a fresh one at least annually. Bi-annually if you’re running special inks (White or Metallic).

Put a drop or two of cleaning fluid in the captop every time you’re performing manual cleaning.

OEM only, the cheap Chinese knock-offs from digiprint-supplies will not work.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

ajolayo

Post by ajolayo » Mon May 07, 2018 9:17 am

Kai Perry wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:29 pm
It still looks like there is a lot of dried ink on the head, have you tried to clean the head with swabs and cleaning fluid ? Also which ink type and cleaning fluid are you using ?

Also check that the machine is capping correctly, you could try soaking the head in cleaning fluid to get the nozzles back.

If this doesn't yield a change then it is more likely that a head replacement is needed.
Hi Kai,
I use the EcoSol Max 2 inks. CMMYK. I think the machine is capping correctly but how do I cross check? I am still using Roland supplied cleaning fluid that came with my LEF12

ajolayo

Post by ajolayo » Mon May 07, 2018 9:18 am

mrtn wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:56 pm
You also need to replace the captop with a fresh one at least annually. Bi-annually if you’re running special inks (White or Metallic).

Put a drop or two of cleaning fluid in the captop every time you’re performing manual cleaning.

OEM only, the cheap Chinese knock-offs from digiprint-supplies will not work.
I just replaced the captop a few days ago for the first time

ajolayo

Post by ajolayo » Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 am

Does the type of cleaning fluid I am using matter?

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 am

The cleaning fluid is dependent on the ink type, the fluid you have from the UV ink is fine for use with ECOSOL MAX 2.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk