Versacamm SP-300i wont print after manual head clean

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
anytime732

Versacamm SP-300i wont print after manual head clean

Post by anytime732 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi,

I've been reading through a few posts on the internet on how best to clean the print heads on our versacamm, I decided to go with the method of flushing the heads through with print head cleaner which has removed a load of crap.

The problem im having now is I cannot get the thing to print, the machine throws no errors, it goes through all the motions of printing but without laying a drop of ink on the sheet.

To try and solve the problem I've run the ink fill operation and also several powerful cleans, all to no avail. I can, however, confirm that the ink is making it all the way from the cartridges to the waste ink container so I don't think fuses/circuit boards have been damaged (I was very careful when cleaning) I've also gone as far as taking everything apart again and putting back together to eliminate any bad connections etc.

Im really hoping that someone here will be able to help because there is no way I can afford and Roland engineer at the moment and this printer is quite key to my business, if I've missed out any important info please say and ill provide as many details as possible.

Thanks for reading!
James

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Versacamm SP-300i wont print after manual head clean

Post by mrtn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:46 pm

What did you do exactly? Used Roland OEM head cleaning liquid cartridges? Performed “HEAD WASH” in the menu?
Are the ink lines filled with ink now and black mixture dripping in the waste bottle during cleaning?
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram