Regarding cleaning, circulating ink & ink consumption reduction

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
nick6126

Regarding cleaning, circulating ink & ink consumption reduction

Post by nick6126 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's possible for me to consume less ink than I am consuming right now?

Every morning, we clean the printer (menu - sub menu - maintenance - cleaning) and do circulation of ink. After that, the printer itself is doing the circulation of ink, 8 hours aprox after the first circulation. After that, we clean the printer again when we're closing the shop at night.

Is it possible for me to somehow turn off the automatic circulation of ink, and if I can, is that a dangerous thing to do?

Also, the guy that has been repairing our Roland Lef 20 every time said that we don't need to clean the printer that much, only once a week? Which was weird to me.

We don't have many printings during the day honestly (sometimes 3-4 phone cases, sometimes 30-40 max), but yet, we change whites on monthly basis, and cmyk cartidges every month and a half - two months maximum.

Can somebody please advice me what to do to keep the costs of printing to the minimum, or at least to reduce it a little?

Thanks guys. :) :)

PhillyDee
Silver Member

Re: Regarding cleaning, circulating ink & ink consumption reduction

Post by PhillyDee » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:36 am

Everytime you use white ink, it sucks around 8CC of ink (IIRC) per 8 hours. So 10 days? 80, 20 days? 160. 1 month is an entire cart just on recirc ink. This about £2 per day I believe. We clean ours once per week / 2 weeks depending how much its been used, and try to batch jobs up. So today we are printing white for the first time this week, and I have 3 jobs waiting to go on. Luckily we don't need to print every day as customers are happy to wait. I always also leave it after 10, so if I want to work late, I don't go over the 8 hour mark on printing and waste another batch.
Roland BN-20 (CMYKWh)
Roland Versa UV LEF-20 (CMYK Pr Wh)
HPC Laser - LS1290PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x4
HPC Laser - LS6090PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x2
Trotec Speedy 300 120W with JC Vision Camera system and rotary axis.
30W Galvo Fiber Laser Engraver