IModela Windows 8 Driver

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to the iModela
Kai Perry

IModela Windows 8 Driver

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 am

Drivers for the iModela for Windows 8, 32bit and 64bit are now available, you can download them from our website.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

jsr

Re: IModela Windows 8 Driver

Post by jsr » Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 pm

i have recently gotten an iModela and i am eager to get started. but i am having problems with running the software / connecting to the CNC mill. i installed the software from the included CD, but realized this was windows XP/7 drivers, so i have now uninstalled the previous drivers, downloaded the new (64bit windows 8, ver. 1.11) and installed this. the iModela shows up under my devices just fine. but i cannot get iModelaController or the firmware updater to recognize that an iModela is connected to the software...

when running iModela Controller i get the error "No modeling machine was found. If the power is off, then switch it on. If the cable is unconnected, then connect it. (Error: 002)"

does anyone have any experience with this problem?
thanks,
jacob

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Fri May 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Do you happen to have a desktop inkjet or an All-in-One or similar with a resident monitoring software in use?
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon May 20, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

Have you checked the device manager for any unknown or other devices, it sould be that the driver is not installed correctly.

Or it could be that the old style driver is still installed, so try updating it.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

jsr

Post by jsr » Thu May 23, 2013 12:58 pm

hm. i tried and i tried. but somehow the old driver kept me from installing the new windows 8 driver.
in the end i took a different computer, installed the windows 8 driver first, and now it works.
right now i am installing all the software and software updates after this.
it would be nice with a software package which was just simply up to date, so only 1 install was necessary. this might be me being a windows noob (i haven't used windows since XP), but from a user perspective it is quite slow and painful to get the machine running on windows 8.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Thu May 23, 2013 4:43 pm

As we have only recently started supporting Windows 8 Drivers for the machine, if you purchased the machine on or around this time the software package wouldn't have the support for Windows 8, the software package that comes with the machines now has been upgraded now to support this.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd