Joe's 3 C's (#22)

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's (#22)

Post by Joe Wigzell » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will probably be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day:
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

-Isaac Asimov, American scientist

On this day in history:
1994 - In Denmark the largest lollipop, weighing 3,011 pounds was made

Something Creative...

A Creative print advert for you today...Follow this link to the YouTube video.
Pretty sure if I saw one of these clip-frame posters on the wall instead of your run-of-the-mill one I'd have to have a go to see what it was!
stretch.jpg
And I guess that's what this type of advert is all about. Use your Creativity to stand out - with the endless possibilities of Print and Cut you have the tools!

Something Cool...

A definite breach across the Creative and Cool barriers for this feature:
yoycanvas06.jpg
So what's going on here then eh?

This is the 'hanging canvas sofa' by YOY design studio:
presented at salone satellite during milan design week 2013, japanese design studio YOY have developed 'canvas', a series of
two-dimensional hanging furniture pieces. constructed out of wood and and aluminum, the volume is covered by an elastic fabric -
screen-printed with drawings of different types of furniture. the piece works when the frame is leaned against a wall, stretching when
weight is applied - accommodating the user within the newly formed void. available in three different sizes, the hanging seats come in stool,
love seat and sofa variations.
Source - Go check out the other pictures!

Something Commercial...

You Are your words is a website that creates self portraits using words:
words.jpg
People often want portraits printed, and offering canvas prints, posters, stickers or clothing are popular choices. Adding something a little different (for an added cost!?) like this could incorporate messages, poems, letters or quotes to create 2 gifts in 1.

That's all for this week from Joe's 3 C's!

Thank you for reading!

Au revoir...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

As I walked up to the door of the newsagents today I saw that the sign said 'CLOSED'

"Oh, great!" I yelled, looking directly at the man behind the counter, "Can you let me out please mate?"

And this weeks funny pic:
get along.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk