Joe's 3 C's (#26)

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's (#26)

Post by Joe Wigzell » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will probably be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day:
The image is more than an idea. It is a vortex or cluster of fused ideas and is endowed with energy.

-Ezra Weston Loomis Pound was an American expatriate poet and critic of the early modernist movement.

Something Creative...
Printing an image with the correct printer settings, on the correct media for the job, with good colour replication and using your RIP to help your work flow are all things that can be taught...and therefor learned - things that we aim to help you with here at Roland via our customer service and the Roland Academy.
Coming up with interesting and Creative ways to use your (beautifully printed ;) ) output can be a bit more tricky, and sometimes it cannot be taught, however you can be inspired!
Here is an example of a simple output that could be used in a different way:
baby1.jpg
This came form a series of photos in which a baby was placed onto a blackboard with different scenes drawn on.
You could use different printed scenes instead of drawn and take pictures similar to these, perhaps with a pet, or a group of friends instead!
It's a bit like using your printer instead of a blue screen :)

Something Cool...

Some of you may have seen this already as it was shared from Roland DME (mid Europe) on Facebook.
plane.jpg
Not too sure if I'd want my garages at home to look like this, however at a business / commercial premises it could work!
Pretty Cool!

Something Commercial...

I saw this staggered shop display and thought it would be good for my 3 C's Commercial section:
shop display.jpg
(http://www.retailstorewindows.com/)

This reaches across the 3 C's and works on a commercial level, a way of showing off print based graphics with a twist. This could be made in a number of ways- for example backlit film, direct to glass/acrylic print or clear films.
Offering shops something a little different could help you (and them) to stand out from the competition!

That's all for this week from Joe's 3 C's!

Thank you for reading!

'til next time...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

So I have invented a new game - Quiet tennis

It's pretty much the same as normal tennis, but without the racquet.
--------
I can cut a piece of wood in half just by looking at it.

It's true, I saw it with my own eyes.

------------------------
funny sign.jpg
funny sign.jpg (23.21 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Patrick Thorn
Gold Member

Re: Joe's 3 C's (#26)

Post by Patrick Thorn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:52 pm

If I had a garage, I would go for the plane, or 3 Flash cars.
Keep up the good work.
Patrick Thorn
Premier Consultant - 3D Technology
Roland DG UK Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk