Joe's 3 C's (#38) 'Ads & Imaginarium'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's (#38) 'Ads & Imaginarium'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day:

Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way.

- Charles Bukowski, American author
Something Creative...

Today I would like to share with you 2 examples of Creatively placed digital prints.
With the ability to stick prints to most surfaces advertisers, street artists and guerilla marketers are getting ever-more Creative - and digital print is a great tool for thinking outside of the box.

In this example we can see they have utilised the revolving doors of a building to advertise a dance school:
spinner.jpg
spinner.jpg (22.77 KiB) Viewed 2073 times
And here we can see a phone booth that has been decorated to look like it is filled up like a fish tank!:
fish booth.jpg
Something Cool...

Following on with the theme of Creative advertising examples I have found a Twitter account that is full of them! Check out Brilliant Ads at:

https://twitter.com/Brilliant_Ads

Something Commercial...

'Imaginarium'
An Incredibly Detailed & Ravishing Sign Inspired By 19th Century Typography
London-based graphic designer Anton Burmistrov has created an incredibly detailed and ravishing sign inspired by 19th century typography.

Created for the front glass door of the Imaginarium, a creative space “where ideas are born, where artists could come and dream about impossible things”, the striking ornamental sign features beautiful, elegant flourishes and gorgeously complex details that unfold as you gaze at it.
Check it out here
imaginarium.jpg

That's all for this week from Joe's 3 C's!

Thank you for reading :geek:

Toodle pip...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

"Sarcasm will get you nowhere in life," my boss told me.

"Well, it got me to the 'International Sarcasm' finals in Santiago, Chile in 2009," I informed him.

"Really?" he asked.

"No," I replied.

-----------------------
sharks.jpg
sharks.jpg (17.61 KiB) Viewed 2073 times
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk