Joe's 3 C's (#40) 'Life begins at 40?'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's (#40) 'Life begins at 40?'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Tue May 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day:
All wish to possess knowledge, but few, comparatively speaking, are willing to pay the price.
- Juvenal, Roman Poet
Something Creative...
hanging - Copy.jpg
Something like this must take a loooong time to put together, but relatively easy to design/print. you could create some really Creative and Cool retail displays and also artistic installations in this style. I'd like to give it a go with all sorts of different materials but one large tiled image, or maybe even lots of my favourite photos instead of your usual picture frame on the wall!

Something Cool...

Most families will have family portraits around the house, frames photographs, canvas prints, collages and cutouts, photo albums or maybe just a huge stash of old pics in a shoebox in the cupboard.
John Wilhelm has spiced up pictures of his kids by manipulating photos to put them into fantasy situations, and they look great!
dadaughter7.jpg
dadaughter3.jpg
dadaughter5.jpg
This could be a really Cool service to offer customers if you have the design skills. Then you could print off large format posters or collages or canvasses, even wallpapers on your Roland!

Something Commercial...

I want to share a banner hemming product with you this week:
http://www.bannerups.com/
Here's what Bennerups have to say on one of the main products:
Banner Finishing with New Banner Ups PowerTabs ®
Made of high strength composite film, PowerTabs are just as strong as regular Banners Ups® and stronger than plastic grommets. This new and unique banner finishing method allows sign shops to make strong, yet inexpensive banner blanks instantly in their own shop. Banner Ups PowerTabs® are less conspicuous than grommets and blend into the banner substrate for a more pleasing visual effect. They are available in regular size for outdoor banners, mini size for indoor or light duty outdoor use, in white, and now in crystal clear for full-color digital banners
That's all for this week from Joe's 3 C's!

Thank you for reading :geek:

'Til next time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

My friend Jenny bet me £50 I couldn't build a car out of spaghetti.

You should have seen the look on her face as I drove pasta!

-----------------------
pug.jpg
And for those Game of Thrones fans out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6tKZ-cg4RI#t=25
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk