Friday Morning Quick Tip - Literally...under their noses!

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to promotional and corporate gift production
Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Friday Morning Quick Tip - Literally...under their noses!

Post by Adam Wyles » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:56 am

Good morning everyone and welcome to your ‘Friday Morning Quick Tip’
Every week I will try and bring you something new which I have found valuable over the years and hopefully it will do the same for you.

By far, more than anything else, we all from time to time wonder how to market our businesses and how do we get into the minds of our customers. The question also being ‘how much do I spend and more importantly will it pay off?’
So here we go, how would you like to get literally...under their noses at no cost at all? Impossible? (Even the word impossible says i’m possible!)
Someone orders 2, 5, 10 t-shirts from you and you supply them infull, on time and to the person you have been dealing with. These shirts are then 9 times out of 10 passed to other people, who do not know who you are! Here’s the trick....design a small clothing label approximately 25mmx50mm and put your logo, website and phone number on the label, branding it your own. Print and cut this image in the spaces you have available when you are printing other jobs. These will then be printed in the areas that will already be paid for by the current or previous jobs. Whether it’s 1 you print or 100, do it and put them on the shelf. Then when you have produced the shirts for your customer, heat press your label just below the label in the back of the shirt.

Going back to the scenairo of the order from the customer, now when the shirts are taken and handed to other people, they will all get your all important details. (possible new business) Everytime that shirt is washed, ironed, folded, put on a hanger; you will be under their noses! (possible new business)
The same can be done with self adhesive vinyl, which you then use to seal the T-shirt bags with washing instructions, parcels; etc (possible new business). Nothing, at all should ever, ever leave your premises without your details on. Please remember these labels are printed in the space and waste areas of jobs you are doing everyday which is already being paid for. The most powerful free of charge marketing available to you NOW!

Thank you for reading, I hope this helps and achieves the same for you as it has me. Enjoy your weekend and I look forward to seeing you on the Forum.
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch
"Everything is changing - so be part of it"

Visit us at http://www.themagictouch.co.uk
Follow me on Twitter @AdamWyles1

Naomi Archer

Re: Friday Morning Quick Tip - Literally...under their noses

Post by Naomi Archer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks Adam. Makes perfect sense, but never would have thought of it.

There was another similar trick that I was once told about stickers. Every time you send an order out (for whatever) - create an A3 sheet of stickers for the customer with their logo on it - for no charge and just say to the customer - just do what you want with them.

Apparently enough customers came back and asked for more to be printed - to outweigh 10x the cost of producing the stickers.

I haven't tried it though - so maybe I should get on and see if my own Friday tip works for me!
Naomi Archer
Sign Plus

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Naomi, a great tip. Please could you do me a favour? Give it a go and let me know how you get on.
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch

Julio Moor

Post by Julio Moor » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Would you also suggest perhaps putting the logo on the outside as well? Would this give you more exposure?
Julio
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Julio, in my opinion you may customers would not want this as it will be on show. The customer would possibly expect to have nothing but their requirements on the garments you will be supplying. You could however, ask if they mind you putting your logo on there. You may have to offer them a small discount if needed, but you will get more exposure.
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch

Julio Moor

Post by Julio Moor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:24 am

Tried the label on the inside of the shirts yesterday for the first time.(plucked up the courage :oops: ) my customer was really impressed and thought that the shirts had been professionally branded. I cannot tell you how it made me feel! 8-)
Julio
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Julio Moor wrote:Tried the label on the inside of the shirts yesterday for the first time.(plucked up the courage :oops: ) my customer was really impressed and thought that the shirts had been professionally branded. I cannot tell you how it made me feel! 8-)
Julio....They were and will continue to be professionally branded!
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 am

Good Morning All,
I thought you may like to see this post regarding branding clothing in response to another post on the Forum I have placed.
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch