Loading Dr. Engrave on an EGX-30A

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
JDFay

Loading Dr. Engrave on an EGX-30A

Post by JDFay » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:21 pm

Our company has recently purchased the EGX-30A to scribe product serial number plates. I'm still trying to load the software. I have followed the instructions and the Windows drivers seem to have loaded fine. When I click the install button for Dr. Engrave, I get the prompt from the computer asking to allow the program to be installed. I click "yes", then the prompt goes away and nothing else happens.
I'm new to this, more mechanically inclined than computer savvy, so any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Kai Perry

Re: Loading Dr. Engrave on an EGX-30A

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:32 pm

You will need to install using the very latest installer for Dr Engrave. If you are based in the UK, you can raise a case with the support team who can supply you with the latest installer..
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

JDFay

Post by JDFay » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Thanks Kai,
I am actually in the middle of the U.S. (Peoria, Illinois) The software disc included with the machine is labeled version 1.1, so I doubt it's the most recent version. Are there other online support options for acquiring the most recent installer for Dr. Engrave?

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:21 am

You should be able to get the latest installer from the US offices
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk