I'm in the process of recommissioning a huge DPX-3300 plotter that was donated to my local Hackspace and was hoping for some advice and help. The eventual goal is to have it running mostly as a vinyl cutter and maybe even with a creasing wheel for making card boxes or folded things.
Its not been used in years but has been stored well so is in great condition mechanically with only the electrostatic bed being broken. Currently got it working over parallel using the original drivers on an XP laptop but would like to get it running on Linux. I was wondering if any other users have had experience with this plotter and particularly does any one have the manual any more?
- Manual for the DPX-3300 or a similar model.
- Servicing Advice: There is no lubrication left on the linear rods, what is the recommended lubricant for plotters of this type.
- Setting Origin: All test prints seem to set origin in the centre as expected for a plotter of this size but then plots as if its a corner origin, I'm pretty sure this is a file issue and I'm not declaring something properly, any advice?
- Example Test Plot: Does any one have a simple example test plot for a centre origin plotter that is known to work. Also is HPGL format going to work as expected or do I need to use the roland format
- Front Panel Buttons: This plotter has a LL, UR, P1 and P2 buttons corresponding to the lower left (LL and P1) and upper right (UR and P2). Initially these work as expected but after a few cycles of alternating the pen position between them the UR and P2 gets reset to a new position in the lower right corner of the plotter. The UR position will return to its original point if you use the Jog buttons to manually move it up a ~10mm before re pressing UR. Its very strange and fairly repeatable making me not sure if it is a loose cable.
NB. Edited on the 13/03/16 to change model name from DXY-3300 to DPX-3300.