NEW LEF-300 Problem

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
RichardGraphica

NEW LEF-300 Problem

Post by RichardGraphica » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Hello guys,
I have a problem with a LEF-300. It is brand new and just have been installed. The problem is that when printing in Bi-Dir mode , the layers are not matching. When the head is going left , it lays the droplets on some place , but when coming back the droplets are not put on the same place and the image becomes blurry. I did the Bi-Dir adjustment in Service menu, also the Bias/Vertical and Horizontal Adjustment and after that the Bi-Dir settings in the User Menu but the result is still the same. In Uni Dir everything is fine. Another problem is when performing Bi-Dir adjustment in Service Mode , the test includes 4 setting. On second pair(DR1 High and DT3 High) there are printed 40 values of which I CANNOT choose a good one because there is banding between the lines in ALL of them , which is something I have not seen before. So I have choosen the value number 40 which closest to the Perfect one which actually does not exist. See the attached photos to get a view of the problem. There is also another problem - when setting up the media, the Print Area is 769.9mm in Scan direction when it should be 770mm. I do move the head manually and point the leftmost point with the Red laser pointer but the head wont move any forward and stops on 769.9mm. When we installed the machine , it was 770mm and this problem appeared on the next day. The machine is 3 days old so I think it is not calibrated properly in the factory. Do you have any idea how can I solve these problems?
Assume that I have the knowledge how to change dampers,heads,captops, perform service calibrations etc , so I am open for some "complex" solutions :) Thank you.
Attachments
IMG_7861.JPG
IMG_7860.JPG
IMG_7849.JPG
IMG_7848.JPG
IMG_7845.JPG
IMG_7844.JPG
IMG_7843.JPG
IMG_7842.JPG

Kai Perry

Re: NEW LEF-300 Problem

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:07 am

What happens if you zero all of the values and then perform the bidi adjustment?
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:31 am

Also when printing those buttons/keys are you using the auto-height adjustment?
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd

burleymmi

Post by burleymmi » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:49 pm

What are the tests you carried out in pictures 4 and 5 and how do you do them please?
http://www.m-m-i.co.uk/index.asp
cmale@m-m-i.co.uk

MMI LTD...... Offering a comprehensive range of Membrane Switch Keypads, Industrial Graphics, Flexible Circuits, Backlit Graphic Products, Overlays, Labels, Nameplates and Digital Printed parts.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:03 pm

They are only available to a trained engineer, due to the nature of the damage that can be easily done by adjusting this value. The actual adjustment is a manual process.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

RichardGraphica

Post by RichardGraphica » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Hello guys and thank you for replying.

If I zero all the values and try to re adjust them again , the result is the same.
I tried to get as closer as I can to the print head while adjusting the Bi-Dir settings and now there are proper values for the DT1 and DT3 high settings.
The white head was a little bit tilted mechanically so I aligned it to the proper position. (the pictures 4 and 5)

Yes I use the Auto Height Detecting option while printing those buttons. Now after performing the new adjustments the results are better but not perfect.
I have another question - Do you think that the shaking and the vibrations while printing in Bi-Dir (when the head stops in the leftmost position and goes back on the right) may affect the print quality? I can see that the Head Gap sensor is shaking a little bit while the head is moving so I thought that it may give a wrong feedback and it lowers the table automatically but I am not pretty sure if this is the problem.
The machine is not installed on a BOFA unit but on a metal construction/table.