CutStudio Plugins

MIKEKENNY2

Re: CutStudio Plugins

Post by MIKEKENNY2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Ok Kai,
Thanks for the reply, but it looks like the cutstudio plug in, could do with a complete revamp to stop this happening?
best
Mike

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:31 pm

The add-on was completely revamped a short time ago, to make it an add-on instead of a plug-in, the trouble is every time they update Illustrator, they make changes to way the add-on's are installed or supported.

Also the way the software gets updated is annoying, instead of a basic software update, they keep releasing new versions, really they should keep an Illustrator platform and then update it with new features, not a whole build.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

doublet

Post by doublet » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:44 am

Kai, I have recently rebuilt my computer and also installed CC2019 Illustrator.

I have installed 3.10 of Cutstudio and have found my old working version of the plugin 3.2.1 which has been synched down from Creative Cloud, and following old instructions, I have run Adobe's ExManCmd which failed, followed more instructions which got me deleting (I renamed them instead) folders and uninstalling and reinstalling from Adobe Exchange, installing and running Anastasiy Exchange Manager, and that errored by saying the plugin was already installed, but I couldn't see it, and then went back to Adobe's ExMan to remove it, but didn't see it there either, and finally trying the suggestion you made to me in March this year.

Nothing has worked!

Any other suggestions? I don't have CC2018 on my machine anymore as I rebuilt it, and don't think I can download it again now.

Also Is there somewhere, or could you create a page somewhere that steps out the entire process from go to whoa somewhere so in the future I or others don't find old notes and use the Adobe EXMan first and then try to fix it? Some notes that step out the entire process would be great. What I have found so far has not worked for me.

Thank you.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:02 am

You can download older versions of Illustrator, in the Creative Cloud app, click to the right of Illustrator and then click manage and other versions.

Use 18 for now until an update is issued.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

MIKEKENNY2

Post by MIKEKENNY2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Any sign of the update to Cutstudio?
Mike

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi Mike,

Nothing as yet, I've had an update to say it is under development, but no timeline has been given.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

doublet

Post by doublet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:48 pm

I will revert to my old trick of saving to illy8, really don't want to uninstall latest version of illy - that isn't a good workaround.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 am

Ity really depends on how you use the cutter, if just for simple text and shape output or for cuttinhg printed designs then any version previous to the latest will work, even down to the early CS versions. Notably you can just use CutStudio to create and output direct.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

doublet

Post by doublet » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:49 am

MIKEKENNY2 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:11 pm
Any sign of the update to Cutstudio?
Mike
this is just MARVELLOUS!! :)
I just had a notification from Creative cloud saying the Roland CutStudio plugin had been installed (I did not initiate this)... so I opened Illy, and there it was, so tested it and it worked! Happy happy happy :)
(on illy 2019)
A lovely xmas present from the Roland boffins, thank you - delighted to have this working, and the extra bonus of not having to do anything to get it happening :)
Merry xmas all.

doublet

Post by doublet » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 am

Kai Perry wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:31 pm
Hi Mike,
Nothing as yet, I've had an update to say it is under development, but no timeline has been given.
Hi Kai,

since I had the automatic update of the CutStudio Plugin yesterday, twice Illustrator has decided the preferences file is corrupt and I have had to re-do all my right hand side bar and lost all my recently opened files :(

Not sure if this is due to the plugin or something else, but wanted to report that just in case it is a known issue.

cheers
Teresa