Cleaning cartridge for moving a BN-20

Warranties, repairs and maintenance
TomRV

Cleaning cartridge for moving a BN-20

Post by TomRV » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi,

I'm due to move my BN-20 to another office this week, and was told the procedure by Roland support was to head wash each colour with a cleaning cartridge before moving, and them reinstall each colour and then run "pump ink" to get it back up and running.

However I've noticed that there is more than one type of cleaning cart, ESL4-CL and SL-CL. Which is the correct one to use?

I'm using Eco Sol Max (not Max 3), the printer will only be offline for around 2 hours as the new location isn't far away.

Thanks.

PhillyDee
Silver Member

Re: Cleaning cartridge for moving a BN-20

Post by PhillyDee » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:57 pm

How far is it moving? We got ours pallet freighted with the original carts in with no issues at all. That was from a Roland Dealer. No head washes or otherwise.
EX-Roland BN-20 (CMYKWh) (Head Death)
Roland Versa UV LEF-20 (CMYK Pr Wh)
HPC Laser - LS1290PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x4
HPC Laser - LS6090PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x2
Trotec Speedy 300 120W with JC Vision Camera system and rotary axis.

TomRV

Post by TomRV » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 pm

I'm moving it myself as it is only 5 miles. I'll have to remove the ink carts though just in case anything should knock it during the move.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:40 pm

If you are keeping the machine flat and turning it back on immediately after moving it, then all you need is to put the cardboard head protector in place, you don't need to remove the carts.

If however you were having to tilt the machine, then a pump up would suffice, removing all the carts and the waste tank. Also if you were turning it on after 24 hours.

A full head wash would only be if you were moving and leaving the unit off for a period of time.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk