VS-540 not printing white.

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
RedJam

VS-540 not printing white.

Post by RedJam » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Hey guys, we bought a new VS540i a couple of months ago and still working the ins and outs of it.
Unfortunately I must have missed the part where the guy said I had to print some white ink periodically and have yet to ever print anything with white.
Went to print today and no white ink came out.
Special Roland white ink color swatch in artwork.
Media set to generic clear (m)
High quality mode selected. (Not layered)
White drop logo was present in versaworks before ripping.

Print took nearly 45minutes to print nothing, although there was what looked to be white ink in the waste ink drum thing and there was a deposit of white ink left on the media clamps each side of the machine.

Any suggestions on what may have gone wrong? Is it because I've had it months without using the white ink?

Cheers, Nic

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: VS-540 not printing white.

Post by mrtn » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Yes, you have to print white at least weekly to ensure the system running well. Did he also mention you have to shake the white cartridge daily? If you don't the ink pigment settles and the machine only uses the clear carrier fluid from the top of the cartridge, that's what it printed.

This issue has been discussed numerous times, you find it in the older messages.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Rob Goleniowski

Re: VS-540 not printing white.

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:49 am

You might need to circulate the ink on your printer to 'mix it up'...

On you control panel of your VSi, select menu then scroll down to sub-menu. You need to then find the ink control and you are looking for circulate ink. This then pumps ink around the machine and 99 times out of 100 gives a much denser white ink after.

Try this and also try a test print to see if you have your white nozzels firing, but if this does not work then give your local Roland office a call for technical support.

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski