Would Roland R-Wear work on a Roland BN-20

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to promotional and corporate gift production
readingprintltd2016

Would Roland R-Wear work on a Roland BN-20

Post by readingprintltd2016 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:23 am

Hi there,

I have a question would the Roland R-Wear work on the Roland Versa Studio BN-20 print and cut?

Regards

Damian

Kai Perry

Re: Would Roland R-Wear work on a Roland BN-20

Post by Kai Perry » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:55 pm

There is an option to send to VersaWorks for the R-wear Studio software. This would send the job to the BN-20.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Janbokev

Post by Janbokev » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi , I also have a BN-20 and purchased R-wear a couple of years ago to cut out rhinestone templates, i couldn't get it to make cut lines for the stones so I put it in the draw and thats where it stayed for 2 years.

is it possible to export the stones as cut lines to the BN-20 as I can find how to do it with the engraver but no help at all with the BN-20 as the engrave button is not highlighted .

we ended up purchasing a silhouette cameo 3 to do the rhinestone templates but i would like to use the multi media of the BN-20 to create better designs and Xpres.com who I bought the software off are completely useless at trying to solve the issue ,

Hope you could steer me in the right direction as it appears the software has a lot of potential

Regards
Kevan

Ronee

Post by Ronee » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:38 pm

the only way i would think to do the templates with the BN-20 would be to convert all the circles created in RWEAR to cut lines in CorelDraw or AI.

Could export the file from RWEAR and drop into a design package and use a trace to create the vector lines which then can be created into a cut line. I use a GX-24 with RWEAR and it is easy and hassle free, just remember if you are using the thick stencil film to make your holes you will need to change the blade to a sandblast one.
Sales Support
Roland DG UK
sales@rolanddg.com